This Code of Conduct applies to all attendees and members of Dagorhir functions and events. By attending an official Dagorhir event, every participant agrees to abide by this code of conduct.
Definitions of terms:
All sanctioned Dagorhir chapters
Anyone acting as a coordinator/medic/volunteer of an event, function, or gathering on behalf of the chapter, or is an appointed or elected official of record for said chapter. Dagorhir Officials are committed to ensuring a fun, safe, and respectful environment for all attendees/members. To achieve this, all participants must refrain from actions that would limit or threaten another individual’s safe enjoyment of the event by another person’s or societal standards.
Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated at Dagorhir event or on official Dagorhir online resources including but not limited to websites, forums, Facebook groups, etc. If you are informed your behavior is negatively affecting another attendee or member, you must stop.
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments concerning race; color; sex; national origin; religion; social origin; disability; relationship status; gender identity; physical appearance or body size
- Deliberate intimidation
- Restraint (i.e. disallowing an individual to leave or exit an area)
- Assault / battery
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome physical attention
- Unwelcome verbal (cat calling) / physical (rubbing/bumping) / visual (flashing) conduct of a sexual nature
- Sustained camp/event/function disruption
- Criminal conduct including, but not limited to Hate Speech, Rape, Sexual Assault, Lewd Conduct, Physical Bullying, and Physical Assault.
Attendees who are asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If they do not, immediate corrective action shall be taken by Dagorhir Officials.
Informed consent is required for any activity, by any individual. You can withdraw consent at any moment you feel uncomfortable. Just because you consent one time does not mean you consent to any future act. When intoxicated, an individual cannot legally consent; an individual who is unconscious cannot consent and all consent given before becoming unconscious is revoked.
Anyone can report harassment at any time. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a Dagorhir Official immediately so that the matter can be handled in an expeditious manner.
Reporting Safety Concerns and/or Medical Emergencies
If you are having or witness a safety concern or medical emergency, seek out a Dagorhir Official immediately. Try not to leave someone with an emergency alone; if possible, instruct someone close by to get help. This may include, but is not limited to calling 911, getting event staff, or just yelling for help. All calls to 911 must be reported to the Dagorhir Officials as quickly as possible after making the call. (Event staff and site staff need to know when and why Emergency Responders are showing up at events.)
Procedure for Handling of Reported Issues
Dagorhir Officials are dedicated to creating a fair and expedient means of dealing with any and all instances that are brought to our attention. All attendees/members will be given an opportunity to give their version of events before any action is taken by Dagorhir Officials.
After all the information regarding an incident is collected, Dagorhir Officials will decide on disciplinary action if such action is deemed necessary. Dagorhir Officials will decide on the appropriate course to take depending on the situation.
Depending on the severity of the incident, disciplinary action for violations of this code of conduct may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Explanations and/or warnings
- Mediation between involved parties
- Moving individual(s) or groups to a different location
- Removal from the current event/function without reimbursement
- Barred from attending Dagorhir events/functions temporarily or permanently
- Other action as deemed appropriate by the Dagorhir Officials in charge
If an incident that is reported to Dagorhir Officials involves a suspected crime against a person, the Dagorhir Officials will report the incident to the police immediately.
This policy is meant to provide added protection for our members and event attendees. Nothing in this policy should ever be interpreted to deter any participant from seeking legal advice or making a report to the local authorities if they deem it necessary.